Creating A Safe, Inclusive, And Scam-Free Atmosphere At The Marketing 2.0 Conference
Marketing 2.0 Conference provides a global platform connecting industry leaders and innovators working in the marketing and advertising industries. Our Code of Conduct has been put in place to uphold the policies and guidelines by which our platform stands by. Attendees, panelists, and exhibitors amongst every other individual present at the event are expected to comply with our conference guidelines, designed to maintain a safe and secure experience.
Marketing 2.0 Conference Discourages:
- Any sort of violent or troublemaking behavior is prohibited at our conference.
- Insults targeted at a person’s gender, race, or any such discriminatory behavior are not tolerated in any capacity.
- Promoting any sort of fraudulent or Ponzi schemes may result in strict action being taken.
Behavior Marketing 2.0 Conference Encourages:
- Being courteous to everyone goes a long way.
- Please feel free to report any fraudulent or suspicious behavior noticed at the conference. Our staff members encourage vigilant reporting of such activities, helping them take swift and efficient action.
- We encourage attendees to be good listeners. Listen to what others have to say.
- If you or someone you know feels threatened or uncomfortable in any way, please approach a staff member wearing a badge. Our staff is here to make sure all attendees have a safe and enjoyable experience at the conference. Don't hesitate to reach out and seek help if needed.
Marketing 2.0 Conference’s Views On Fraud:
Engaging in fraudulent activities at Marketing 2.0 Conference is strictly prohibited. Distribution of printed materials related to fraudulent schemes, such as passing around flyers promoting a Ponzi scheme, and interacting with the attendees to sell them a fraudulent business are just some instances of scams that are frowned upon.
Another common scam trend noticed has been scammers selling fake tickets or advertising tickets to our event as an unverified third party. Attendees who purchase these tickets may find themselves unable to enter the event, as unverified sellers are against our conference policy.
Through our Code of Conduct forum, we strive towards educating attendees about the different types of scams or frauds they might encounter. Staying vigilant and aware not only helps us prevent scams but also helps our ground team to effectively act upon any reports of suspicious activities & take the necessary action. It guarantees that all attendees will be comfortable and secure while enjoying the conference. If you want to report a suspected scam to the Marketing 2.0 Conference team, please visit this page.
Attendees can rest assured that our team is proactively working upon preventing harassment, scams and fraud at the venue. Necessary background checks as well as making sure any products or businesses being promoted align with our ethical guidelines and any message we may promote through our conference.